Before a new year begins it is always a good exercise to reflect upon what has been accomplished so far. Thus, new goals can be identified and carried out taking into account learning experiences and new challenges.
Globally, 2020 was a year full of surprises. The MEEP consortium made progress in the face of adversity by showing how vital resilience is to continue building a better future. Some examples of the work progress done are:
- Press releases: All partners (BSC, TÜBITAK, and FER) launched press releases in English, Spanish, Croatian, and Turkish.
- Events: MEEP has participated in several conferences such as ICS2020, HPC Europe, ApplePies 2020, HPCC-2020, among others.
- Blogs and Shaping Europe's digital future website: The project was featured in the Embedded Computing Design blog, which receives more than 700 blogs read each year by more than 125,000 engineers worldwide, as well as in the RISC-V blog. MEEP was mentioned as one notable example of RISC-V adoption in 2020. Moreover, the European Commission website 'Shaping Europe's digital future' published 2 stories about MEEP that were also listed in the "
Digital Excellence & Science Infrastructure" newsletter.
- Technical progress: MEEP project has made progress regardless of the challenges encountered due to the Covid-19 outbreak and it was disseminated in the news section in the form of news articles, some of these are: 'MEEP's target to provide a self-hosting, flexible and scalable accelerator,' Exploring new HPC architectures in RISC-V, 'MEEP’s emulated accelerator architecture.'
- Website new sections: New sections were developed on the website containing technical information such as the Platform ecosystem and Platform layers pages.
- Publications: All publications have been published on the website.
The previous information was shared on social media by partners.
MEEP's partners have come a long way and are ready and motivated to continue with the project's progress. The consortium is starting a new 2021 year looking for opportunities to develop and accomplish all goals efficiently.
Photo by Kelly Sikkema on Unsplash.